Wednesday 25 September 2019

New exhibition, prints, t-shirts and loads of events...

Hi there

As ever, I'm behind with updating my blog, but I have lots of things going on to tell you about.

NEW EXHIBITION

I have a new exhibition at The Angler's Rest in Bamford, Derbyshire. It is a print retrospective of work I have created in the last three years or so. The venue is a great community-run pub and gallery, right in the middle of the Peak District. The exhibition features seventeen pieces; birds, stones, donkey and landscapes, and runs from 4th October until 6th November 2019. there is also a 'meet the artist' evening on 3rd Oct from 7.30pm, if you want to say 'hi'! I'm also running a linocut workshop there on 19th October, which has now sold out.








































NEW WORKS


I have three new prints to show you, the first being a poster-print version of my 'Matlock Bath' linocut. The original sold out a while ago, so this version is in different colours, and A3 in size. It is available in my Folksy shop.



Secondly there is a two-colour linocut/screenprint entitled 'Terraces No.2'. It is actually based on a Sheffield view, but I wanted to make the image more as a typical British terrace street scene; the patterns of windows, rooftops, chimneys, doors, clouds and trees.


















Lastly, I have a new bird print. It is a one-colour print of a couple of 'House Sparrows'. I actually created it while demonstrating linocut at the Craft Festival at Bovey Tracey, in Devon this year.


























TSHIRTS!


I have a new collaboration to announce in the form of a t-shirt! I've always wanted to create a donkey t-shirt, so I'm very excited about this. Hunk Print are well known in Sheffield and beyond for being the #1 screen-printers in town. You name it, they can print onto it! Anyway, we've collaborated on a 2-colour donkey design on lovely fairtrade cotton t-shirts, and you can order them now in all sizes. They are £28 each.


EVENTS

HULL PRINT FAIR
Sat 28th September 2019, 66-68 Humber Street, Hull HU1 1TU, 10am-5pm
This will be my first time at HPF. I'm really looking forward to it. Over 30 printmakers and print demos too!


NORTHERN CRAFT - GATESHEAD
Sat 5th and Sun 6th October 2019, BALTIC, S Shore Rd, Gateshead NE8 3BA, 11am-5pm
The mighty Northern Craft head further north to the mighty Baltic Centre For Contemporary Art! Two days of mighty fine contemporary craft, plus no doubt some great refreshments too!

GREAT NORTHERN CONTEMPORARY CRAFT FAIR - MANCHESTER 2019
Fri 11th to Sun 13th October 2019, Upper Campfield Market Hall, Campfield Arcade, 300 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 4FN
This will be my second time at GNCCF Manchester. It was great last time, a really big event with so many great artists and craftspeople from all over the UK and further afield.

ART& 2019
Fri 25th to Sun 27th October 2019, York Racecourse, Racecourse Road, Knavesmire Road, York YO23 1EX, 10am-5pm
This will be my first time at Art&, although I used to take part in their previous art Market events in Holmfirth. It has grown into one of the best art fairs in the UK, with a pretty exciting line-up of artists, plus lots of other activities to get involved with.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post !! i am looking for this kind of post from last many days thanks for share it with us. we provide Influencer apparel

    ReplyDelete