Thursday, 14 June 2012

June/July happenings..

Hello people


Bit behind on my updates, but all been a wee bit hectic..so...


Fairs/Markets
In June and July I'm taking part in the following:


Mary's Marvellous Vintage & Craft Market, Sheffield - Sat June 16th, 10am - 4pm
The sixth one, and very much established in Sheffield as one of the best around, with great food too!


Nether Edge Farmers Market, Sheffield - Sunday 24th June, 12pm-4pm
I love this one. always really busy, with a great atmosphere. People filling up with strange foods, fine coffee and some art too!


Handmade/Vintage Fair/Dog Show - Sunday 1st July, Victory Hall, Woore, Cheshire, 10am-4pm
Vintage Escapades at in again, this time with a dog show as well! I did this fair back in March, and it was great fun. Weird and wonderful art, craft and er..dogs!


Banner Cross Family Festival, Sheffield - Saturday 14th July, 11am-4pm
A new one to me, this one, but apparently a great annual event, in a very nice part of town! Craft, food, music, games and hopefully a bit of sun too.


Possibly more going on too, so I'll add when I know...




Linocut Printing Workshops




















My June/July workshops are now full-up, but I've just arranged another on Saturday 15th September, at Cowlishaw Works in Sheffield. 8 Places available, £35 per place, no experience necessary, and all materials provided, as well as tea/coffee/biscuits.


Email me on jgprintworks@hotmail.com if you are interested.


Dinosaurs!
I've just completed a new two-colour linocut of a Deinonychus. My son (who is 5) is rather keen on dinosaurs, so I thought I'd create one for him. When I'd finished it I asked him if I put copies in my shop and he said he didn't mind. So there you go!
























Magazines
I'm going to be featured in three magazines in July. I've written a feature on two-colour linocut printing for 'Leisure Painter' magazine, a couple of my prints are to be featured in the shopping section of Handmade Living magazine, and there will be an interview with me in 'Craftseller' about being a man working in the craft-world.


I think that all, for now!

1 comment:

  1. You can use some powerful graphic program for poster printing, if you have special knowledge and skills. But ProPoster is convenient, simple and intuitive poster software that will free you from unnecessary work.
    Poster Printing UK

    ReplyDelete