Monday 2 October 2017

Villages, albums, exhibitions and more...

Hi there

October brings a lot of different things to print world, it would seem...

NEW PRINTS
I have a new print available, entitled 'The Donkey Village'. It is a 3-colour A3 size linocut/screen-print. The print is a continuation of my donkey-world theme, this time set in a mysterious village. It is a limited edition of 50 copies, and for sale in my Folksy shop.









































WORKSHOPS
I have a new 'Intro To Linocut' workshop date available and ready to book on Sat 13th January 2018. It takes place (as usual) at The Art House in Sheffield city centre. There are 8 places at £40 per place. All materials are provided and no experience needed. Email me on jgprintworks@hotmail.com to book or for more info

NEW EVENTS

Northern Craft
Sat 14th October 2017, 11am-5pm, Northern Monk Brewery, The Old Flax Store, Marshalls Mill, Holbeck, Leeds LS11 9YJ
I'm back at this quality event. Last time, in August, there was all sorts of great stuff, leatherwork, plants, ceramics, prints and some amazing food and beer too!

Manchester Print Fair
Sat 21st and Sun 22nd October 2017, 10am-5pm, Upper Campfield Market, Manchester, Barton St, Manchester M3 4NN
MPF events have been making quite a name for themselves. Always packed and full of innovative contemporary print work. Please note -  I'm going to be there just on the Sunday.


NEW EXHIBITION
'Print' exhibition
25th October until January 2018, The Long Gallery, Sheffield Children's Hospital, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TH
I'm very proud to announce that I have been asked to curate a new exhibition at the SCH! It features 18 artist/printmakers, all who have had a big impression on me, in one way or another. All of the work is for sale, and there will be a limited edition of each print available. Some of the featured artists include Marko, Neil Woodall and Sarah Du Feu.


NEW ALBUM




Some of you may know that as well as an artist I'm also a musician. On 14th November 2017 my two worlds collide when I release a new instrumental solo album entitled 'Donkey Jukebox', on Sonido Polifonico on 14th November 2017!. It is released as a limited vinyl issue (250 copies), with a lathe-cut 7inch (first 100), a risograph print, ceramic token and some badges, plus a digital download, and a bandcamp version (phew!). The album is a designed to be a companion to my donkey prints, and you can have a preview at this soundcloud link if you like. I'll post up a link next month when it is available to buy, and I'm also having a launch event on that date in Sheffield at Regather Works if people are interested, including the premiere of an animated version of my donkey prints! Tickets are available from Regather, and are very limited.

LAST PRINTS
Just to let you know, I only have one copy each of 'Sheffield City View No.6' A3 screen-print, and 'Cromer No.2' linocut!


MORE GREETING CARDS
I now have a selection of eighteen different greeting cards, available from my card publishers Green Pebble, including versions of 'Peloton', 'Blue Donkey Regrets The Adventure', 'Fox In The Snow', 'Blackbirds and Thrushes' and more..oh and you can get a notebook with my 'Donkey and Bird' design on the cover too.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete