Monday 14 December 2015

End of the year speech....

Well, the gap between blog posts has grown bigger. Very sorry about that. There is a reason, though, explained below;

Before this, though I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me this year. It has been a crazy twelve months, with exciting exhibitions, commissions, events and more. It means a lot to me to hear that people appreciate my work, and I'm truly grateful that I'm able to do this for a living. So yes, a big THANKS to you all, and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!





LANDSCAPE ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2015

 As I mentioned in my last post, I have taken part in the Sky Arts 'Landscape Artist Of The Year 2015' TV series. I actually did a little better than I expected, winning my heat, and getting to the semi-final (but sadly not making the final). This was an awful lot of fun, and a great experience, and since the series has been aired, things have been very busy indeed (far more than I had expected!).

I have written an article for the Folksy blog on my experience, and you can read it here. I also decided to create an edition of the print I produced during the semi-final, a view across the Thames, of the city of London. Some copies of it are available in my Folksy shop.






 






















COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINE FEATURE
Country Living magazine run a feature every so often about artists and their studios, and for their January 2016 issue they wanted to feature me (which was nice!). The article explores my studio set-up and my interest in landscape and wildlife as subjects for my work. The magazine is available now.

 



 



































'HOW TO PAINT A PORTRAIT' BOOK
Sky Arts have published another book related to the 'Portrait Artist Of The Year' series (which I took part in, in 2013) entitled 'How To Paint A Portrait', and they have chosen twelve artists from the two series to focus on, showing readers how they create their portrait images. Now, I'm not a painter, so a little out on a limb here, but they asked me to demonstrate how I do this with lino. In the book, I chose to create a print of my eight-year-old son Henry, and they document the process along the way. It is a great book, and fascinating to see how different the approach is for the other artists. 































WORKSHOPS
I've had a lot of demand for my workshops of late, so I've arranged a new date for an 'Introduction To Linocut' one, on Sat 20th February 2016, at The Art House, Backfields, Sheffield. Places are £40 each, and all materials are provided. If you are interested in a place (there are 8 available), please email me on jgprintworks@hotmail.com 






 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete