Wednesday 8 May 2019

New donkey exhibition, more new prints, a new workshop date and loads of new events..

Hi there

It is never a straightforward life being an artist, is it? Or being self-employed generally.

Life never trundles along at an even pace. Instead there are periods of calm, followed by mad panicking and self-doubt. It isn't that bad all the time, but the last few months have been a little testing at times. HOWEVER, I bring you news, some quite exciting news, really, oh plus some new prints.

NEW EXHIBITION!


























I'm very excited indeed to announce that I have a new exhibition called 'The Donkey Monoliths' next month! It takes place in Leeds at Colours May Vary, a fantastic art/bookshop/gallery, just near the West Yorkshire Playhouse.

I have created a new series of prints where my donkeys explore a sculptural landscape. Eight new linocut/screenprints, and a small edition of each (between ten and fifteen copies). The exhibition runs from 13th June until 2nd July 2019, with the preview evening on Thursday 13th June, 6-9pm. Any prints left over from the exhibition will be put in my Folksy shop. I'll blog more info soon, with some behind-the-scenes pics!


NEW PRINTS
I have two new prints to show you too.


Firstly I have a new landscape print of 'Polperro' in Cornwall. I visited last year while on holiday, and loved the place. so I have created a two-colour hand-pressed linocut of a view across the bay, in an edition of 100. The print is available in my Folksy shop and at events.


Secondly, and due to popular demand, I have created a poster-print version of my 'Olive The Whippet' linocut.  It is A3 size, printed in a red/brown and grey, and available in my Folksy shop and at events..



WORKSHOPS
I don't do many of these kinds of workshops, but I have one coming up in July:

'Two-colour/Advanced linocut printing' workshop

Sat 20th July 2019

10am-4pm

The Art House
8 Backfields
Sheffield
S1 4HJ

£45 per place

This workshop is designed for people who have already taken part in one of my 'intro' workshops previously, or recently done linocut elsewhere. Participants will learn how to do two-colour printing techniques, or explore one-colour compositions further. There are eight places in total on this workshop, and all participants must be over 16.


To book, please email me on jgprintworks@hotmail.com



EVENTS
While I'm here I might as well let you know the events that I'm taking part in over the next couple of months:


MANCHESTER PRINT FAIR
Sat 11th May 2019, Manchester Cathedral, Victoria Street, Manchester M3 1SX, 10am-4pm
I'm very happy to be returning to MPF after taking part in their brilliant Stockport event. Loads of interesting printmakers and workshops too.

PAPERDOLLS MARKET
Sat 18th May 2019, The Custard Factory, Digbeth, Birmingham, 11am-5pm
This is my first time at this or any Birmingham event! Loads of lovey craft, plants and workshops. I've heard very good things about this one!

SALTAIRE ARTS TRAIL - MAKERS FAIR
Sat 25th, Sun 26th and Mon 27th May 2019, Victoria Hall, Victoria Rd, Saltaire, Shipley BD18 3JS, 10am-5pm.
I always look forward to the Makers Fair at SAT. The atmosphere is always great at this event, with loads of quality makers, workshops, music, food and drink.

SUMMER ARTS MARKET
Sat 1st June 2019, Liverpool Cathedral, St James Mt, Liverpool L1 7AZ, 10am-6pm
I took part in this last year, and it was a really great event. Loads of stalls and a good mix of art and crafts, plus an amazing venue too.

THE CONTEMPORARY CRAFT FESTIVAL 2019
Fri 7th to Sun 9th June 2019, Mill Marsh Park, Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ13 9NB, 10am-5pm
When they refer to this event as a festival they certainly mean it! I took part in this last year, and was blown away by the size of the event. there are films, workshops, loads of food and drink, live music, talks and not least over 100 amazing artists and craftspeople. The standard is pretty mind-blowing. This year I have a tent to myself, as I am demonstrating linocutting. I will be cutting some new artwork, plus doing some printing (with my portable press). I will also have my prints available to buy too.

NORTHERN CRAFT - SHEFFIELD
Sat 15th June 2019, Trafalgar Warehouse, 120 Trafalgar Street, Sheffield S1 4JT, 11am-5pm
The NC team certain know how to put on a good fair. I've done a few now, and they've always been excellent; Well organised, top-quality art and craft, good food and music too. Sheffield is lucky to have them!

CRAFTED BY HAND
Sun 30th June 2019, Masham Town Hall, Little Market Place. Masham., HG4 4DY, 10am-4pm
This is a pretty well-established event in North Yorkshire. I took part a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I thought it about time to revisit. They curate a very wide range of great art and craft, and it is a super-friendly event too.


No comments:

Post a Comment